The Flex 4K HDMI In
to Full NDI Encoder from BirdDog is an ultracompact NDI interface for
HDMI video sources. Connect your onboard monitor, camera, or other video
source, and have it instantly be available on your NDI-enabled network.
The BirdDog Flex In supports up to UHD 4K30 and 1080p60 resolution
The Smallest 4K NDI on the Planet.
4K NDI® in an
incredibly small package. Flex delivers everything you have come to
expect from BirdDog's one cable solution including Tally, Audio
Intercom, Video, Audio, PTZ Control, and Power all down a single
Ethernet cable. With 3 models to choose from in the Flex Family is a
Flex to perfect for your workflow needs.
Small is the new Big.
a footprint only slightly larger than a credit card, the Flex 4K NDI
Encoders and Decoders are the smallest on the planet. Because sometimes
the biggest things are also the smallest.
Cool touch thermals.
the biggest features are also the least obvious. Flex 4K NDI has
unmatched thermal design and whisper quiet fans to keep Flex cool and
fresh even on the hottest days and in direct sunlight.
One cable to rule them all.
Now with added power.
revolutionary Studio NDI gave the world NDI, Power, Video, Audio,
Tally, and Audio Intercom all done a single Ethernet cable. Flex 4K IN
and Flex 4K BACKPACK take it one step even further and provides an
additional 15w extra power allowing you to use the DC output to power
your monitor, recorder, or even your camera.
Halo Tally. It just works.
revolutionary Halo Tally system is built right into the Flex Family and
it requires zero configuration when connected with any NDI enabled
software based production system. The Halo Tally is designed to be seen
by the camera operators as well as the on air talent.
Adaptive bit rate.
Slide your way to glory.
NDI® is a variable bit rate codec. In normal circumstances BirdDog
recommends allowing around 140Mbps in HD, or 6 streams per 1GbE cable
with some headroom. In 4K it is recommended to allow around 300Mbps or 3
streams with some headroom to allow for any unforeseen spikes.
The ultimate PTZ sidekick.
you aren't lucky enough to own a BirdDog PTZ camera with full NDI
natively then Flex can become the ultimate sidekick. Plug in HDMI to
encode beautiful and Full NDI, and attach a PTZ control cable to have
PTZ passthrough control. Perfect upgrade for your PTZ camera while
waiting for Santa to bring you a BirdDog.
- Ultracompact Form with HDMI 2.0 Input
- Supports up to UHD 4K30, 1080P60
- PoE & DC Power Options
- 15W DC Output to Power Monitor or Camera
- Halo Tally for Talent & Operator
- RS232 Port for Pass-Through PTZ Control
- Adaptive Bit Rate
- Software Tools Included
- Cooling Thermal Design
- Video Input Connectors: 1 x HDMI (HDMI 2.0)
- Input Video Format: HDMI
- UHD 4K: 25/29.97/30 fps
- Audio Input Connectors: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS
- Embedded Audio Input: HDMI: 2-Channel
- Audio Output Connectors: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS
- Embedded Audio Output: HDMI: 2-Channel
- Other I/O: 1 x RJ45 NDI, PoE, 1 x 2.5 mm RS-232 Input/Output
- Video IP Encoding: NDI: x
- Tally Light: Yes
- Wi-Fi Support: Yes
- Power Connector: 1 x Barrel (12 VDC) Input, 1 x Barrel (12 VDC) Output
- PoE Support: PoE+ 802.3at
- Dimensions: 4.21 x 2.48 x 1.22 Inches
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 7 x 6.3 x 4.3"
- Weight: 4.94 oz / 140 g
- Package Weight 1.425 lb