Furman proudly introduces the F1500-UPS: battery backup designed exclusively for audio/video professionals and home theater aficionados.
For decades, traditional audio/video components were simple analog devices designed to easily weather power outages of well over two seconds. Later, as computer and microprocessor based components gained in popularity, their extraordinary sensitivity to even a fraction of a second's power loss was managed with traditional UPS (uninterruptible power supply) technology.
Unfortunately, these units were solely designed for the I.T. professional. Though they included many technologies and features appropriate to that application, they fell short for premium audio/video components. Though many of these manufactures later recognized the ever-emerging professional audio/video, broadcast, and home theater market, their lack of experience led merely to a re-tooled chassis. These hastily produced UPS devices lacked the technologies necessary to truly optimize protection, performance, and control for today's audio video components.
The Furman F1500-UPS more than fills this void, and offers your system unparalleled battery back-up technology, created from the ground up to meet the exacting demands of the world's most sensitive audio, video and control systems!
Typical UPS systems feature antiquated surge suppression technologies that can cause as much damage and annoying lock-ups as they attempt to prevent. Only Furman offers battery back-up with our road-proven SMP non-sacrificial, zero ground contamination surge suppression technology and EVS Extreme Voltage Shutdown. After all, the most robust battery cannot function if the accompanying circuits are damaged! With Furman's F1500-UPS, you can expect years of trouble free operation.
Typical Backup Components!
Given the nature of battery backup technology, high-current audio and video components such as power amplifiers, powered subwoofers, and high-wattage displays are not recommended for use with the F1500-UPS. Not only will these components drain battery power quite rapidly, line impedance will be raised due to the F1500-UPS's (or any) AVR and AC to DC inverter, which can induce current compression and noticeably diminish performance with high-current A/V equipment. The following components are ideal for use with the F1500-UPS:
*Digital Video Recorders
*External Hard Drives
*Digital Mixing Consoles
*Lamp Based Video Displays
For power management of other components, Furman recommends Classic or Prestige Series Power Conditioners. For high-current components such as power amplifiers and powered subwoofers, solutions featuring Furman's exclusive Power Factor Technology are ideal.
- SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection) Non Sacrificial Surge Protection.
- LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology) Noise Filtration.
- EVS (Extreme Voltage Shutdown) Voltage Protection.
- True sine wave output.
- Dual Learning IR Output Controls.
- BlueBOLT Compatible (with BlueBOLT-CV1 interface card, sold separately) or Fully Programmable RS-232 with Open Source Protocol (Included).
- USB Interface.
- (2) Programmable Critical Load Management AC Outlet Banks and (2) Non-critical Load AC Outlet Banks.
- Optional Battery Extension Pack available for extended runtime capability.
- Optional rear panel mounted TCP/IP addressability module for remote control via internet.
- Voltage: 85 - 137 VAC .
- Frequency: 47 - 63 Hz .
- Surge Protection: Non-sacrifical SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection) .
- Current Rating: 12 A.
- Over-voltage Shutoff, fast rise: 150 Â± 5V .
- Over-voltage Shutoff, slow rise: 140 Â± 5V .
- Noise Attenuation: 10 dB @ 10kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 50 dB @ 500kHz .